Sunday, June 22, 2008

The East and the West

Do not be afraid – I am with you!
From the distant east and the farthest west I will bring your people home.
Isaiah 43:5

Some translations read something like: "I will bring your daughters from the East, your sons from the West".

As I read over the comments from last night's blog (compliments of Vince), I was especially touched by the Hountz's. Please, everyone, read it! Had me in tears. Thank you, Hountz's, for sharing this with us. We know that you understand our persistence and wait. I thought of this verse which is so applicable for our Gotcha Day. We have to wait until 3pm to meet Lara. I think I will be a wreck all day so I plan to take a few Tylenol to calm the nerves (where is the Adavan?).

How fortunate and blessed we are to be able to show Lara the gift of Jesus Christ and his incredible grace. Here, the Chinese people may say how lucky she is to be going to America, indeed, to live in a place where people have opportunity to worship as they please, we are all truly lucky.

Vince did mention how Lara likes animals. Mary says this is very unusual and that it is destiny that we meet since we live on a farm. There is an ancient Chinese belief that says:

An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.

Mary is also impressed by Lara's foster parents. They truly love her and have provided the best for her. It may be a tough act to follow, but we figure once Keegan gets a hog for a 4-H project, all will be fine. I am not so sure about the dog... We hope she likes cows - I can handle that.

Switching gears, I hope that Ripley County's Relay for Life went well this past weekend. It was an event I hated to miss, but the team will be back next year. Thanks to all who participated in some way, whether through your monetary commitment, walking or through prayer. It will all help to bring this disease closer to eradication.

Now, it's time for breakfast. Maybe we will meet some other famiies that are at this hotel to adopt their children through other agencies - I believe there are 5 on our floor. Now I leave you with one last verse:

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Heberws 11:1

May faith fill your lives, whether it is through the adoption of a child from somewhere in this world or in the life you live everyday.

2 comments:

The Hountzes said...

You're welcome. Sorry about the typo on the word Indiana!
May God bless you all on Gotcha Day and in the days ahead.

Mar Eric & Zac said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you today. We are looking forward to seeing all of you in July.
God Bless,
Marlene, Eric and Zac